I had won a Mamaearth hamper in a stylishly awesome vanity bag of sorts, from a giveaway hosted by Indian Moms Connect, about 2 months back, and I wanted to use them for some time before giving an honest thought about them.
The things that I got were:
- Mamaearth Natural Insect Repellent
- Mamaearth Diaper Rash Cream for Babies
- Mamaearth Mineral based Sunscreen for Babies
- Mamaearth Gentle Cleansing Shampoo for Babies
- Mamaearth Moisturising Daily Lotion for Babies
This post will be dedicated to reviewing the Insect Repellent that I got to use in the last couple of weeks since it was too cold here before that to have any mosquitoes or insects around.
We recently took a break to Bharatpur/ Keoladeo National Park, which is a bird sanctuary, and of course, it naturally is abundant with mosquitoes. I , very stupidly missed applying any sort of repellant on my cub the first day, which resulted in two big, bright, pink spots on his forehead 😐
Anyhow, I was careful to apply it religiously on the following days. And the bright pink spots remained limited to the said 2.
The repellent’s main ingredients are essential oils of citronella, peppermint and lemon eucalyptus. It’s deet free, which is diethyltoluamide, is the most common active ingredient in insect repellents, is toxic and poisonous.
What I love the most about this product?
- The packaging: comes in a sleek spray bottle, secured with two caps, one transparent which goes right on the spray nozzle and the big green one, which is tighter to take off.
- Its natural and toxin-free for the baby
- And most of all, it does its job very well.
Price point: 100 ml at 299 INR
Overall Rating: 5/5