I had been buying my granola from bakeries and shops, honestly, I found it a bit expensive at times, and sometimes I thought a certain ingredient or two were missing. And voila, bulb chamka! I decided it to start making it at home because it was a good wholesome meal for the times that hubby was rushing to work.
Here is the recipe that I follow:
- 4 cups Oats
- 1 tbsp Your favorite spice, could be Cinnamon, Cardamom, Clove
- 1 cup Raw Nuts/ Seeds, like Sliced almonds, chopped pecans, pumpkin seeds, cashews
- 1/2 cup Chopped Dried Fruits, like dried cranberries, apricots, pineapple, apple, raisins
- 1 cup coconut or more nuts or more oats, as per your liking
- 1 1/2 tsp flavoring essence, like vanilla or almond
- 1/4 cup sweetener, like honey, maple syrup, brown sugar syrup, or even in combination
- 1/4 cup fat, like melted butter, canola, coconut oil
- A pinch of salt
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients, turns out to be quite a bit, so use a big kadhai or pan to do the mixing.
- Spread on the baking tray. Additionally, if you have baking paper, you can like it with that as well.
- Bake at 350F/ 150C until golden brown, should take about half an hour. (Dont overbake it because the first time I made it, I did overbake it and the raisins gave it a sort of bitter taste)
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
P.S. I will add a picture later, this time’s batch got gobbled up without any captures.